We’re pleased to announce that the UN Sustainable Development Goals are the chosen topic for our 2020/21 Outstanding Case Writer: Hot Topic competition.
Cases submitted to this competition category can be in any business or management discipline, but must address a topic relating to one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Click a goal below to find out more about it.
Prize and recognition
£1,150 ($1,400; €1,300) and a special trophy. We also announce the result to leading business press worldwide and invite the winner to feature on our website and in our newsletter, which is sent to 52,000 global subscribers. See our previous winners
Who can enter?
You must be a business or management teacher to enter this competition. Cases can be written by a team of two or more authors. Students and research assistants can be part of your writing team, but a faculty member must lead the team.
What is required?
Your case must be relevant to the hot topic. It can be based on field research, published sources or generalised experience. You can submit a single case or case series.
Your case or case series must:
- be in English
- clearly identify a protagonist and supporting actors
- articulate an issue, decision, problem or opportunity
- be a maximum of 5,000 words in total, excluding exhibits (you can submit an abridged version of your case if it is over 5,000 words), or 25 minutes if it’s a video case
- include a teaching note (no word limit)
- have been completed after 1 January 2019
- have been tested at least twice in the classroom
- be submitted to The Case Centre should it win its category.
How do I enter?
Click here to find out how to enter
The 2020/21 Outstanding Case Writer: Hot Topic competition will by judged by a panel of internationally renowned case method experts. The panel will be announced soon.
Find out what the judges are looking for
|2 March 2020||Competition opens|
|8 October 2020||Submission deadline|
|February/March 2021||Winner announced|